ABOUT THE CLASS
Our Three-Day Intensive Cheese Education Program is led by Market Hall Foods General Manager, Juliana Uruburu, and is intended for cheesemongers, chefs, caterers and other food professionals looking to improve their cheese knowledge.
It’s a hands-on experience in the classroom and on a farm. You’ll gain knowledge and insight from the top cheese shop owners in the area. The program covers:
- The ins and outs of buying and caring for cheese
- How to taste cheese at a professional level
- Cheese pairing approaches to beverages and food
- Basics of cheesemaking
- A visit to a successful farmstead cheese operation
- Lessons learned from a local cheese shop owner
- A vertical tasting of milk, yogurt, and fresh cheeses
- And tasting of at least 45 different cheeses over the three days.
If you are looking to open a cheese shop, create a cheese program, want to enhance your cheesemonger training, or just learn more about cheese than you thought possible, this program is for you. Classes are kept small so that students have the opportunity to ask questions, connect with our world-class instructors, and each other. Alumni of our program have opened wonderful shops across the U.S. and Canada. Plus, round out your experience with a fourth day at our Opening a Cheese Shop by the Numbers class - Tuesday, April 9th.
Please call our office at 415-346-7530 to hear more about the program.
DATES + TIMES + INSTRUCTOR
October 12-14, 2019
Time: 8:00am - 5:30pm
Instructor: Juliana Uruburu